Friday, July 31, 2009

I HAVE A GARDEN A LOVELY GARDEN !






This is our garden, you might think so what, big deal! but it is a big deal If you had seen that spot before we got started, and if you knew just how I truly feel about WEEDS! I hate them!!! And if you knew about my first attemps at a gardening. It left very deep scars. It was all hard work and nothing but weeds! So here we are with a new garden, thanks to Spencer, Megan and Steve, they built the first 2 big raised bed boxes for me for Mothers Day and weeded the majority of the weeds out of the area. Then Stephen and I did the rest. I kind of feel that its a self care, low maintaince garden now. And the very best part is the watering system Stephen has installed with a TIMER. No Worries, Hassle free. We figure that so far the tomatoes, peas and 4 strawberries have cost us about 50.00 dollars each. But my gosh they are GOOD.....

2 comments:

Nana said...

How beautiful, I am so jealous. I am doing the quaack grass battle myself. I truely do understand.

kyejanay said...

Your garden is fantastic!!! Good Job!